Sunday, November 05, 2006

Polaroidian Candidate


I've been in an offbeat-camera sort of mood as of late. Today I shot with a regular type 600 polaroid and a holga. I love'em! My roomate and I laugh because we are both photo majors, own many different types of cameras and shoot many different types of pictures, but we seem to be in none...unless they are polaroids. This comes down to one simple reason: we do not own a digital camera, not even the point and shoot kind. When we post our pictures from our weekend vacations with friends, we must scan in our polaroids, not hook up our fancy-schmancey usb port. We're okay with having only polaroids of ourselves though.

With all this election stuff going on I've been thinking that if I ever ran for any sort of government official, I would not pay $5 per sign for a blue block with my name in white lettered Times New Roman. You wanna get younger voters? Design for this century. Seriously...enough with the standard election posters. But, then again, I guess that's why I am in art school and not running for any sort of office.

No comments: