Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Clue

From last week's critique:




It got a yes and a no. I like this photograph, but it was the first one from this project that I felt inhibited by a square format. This was for sure a 35mm shot in my head. I wanted the length of my arms spread out across the bed and not much in the background. It is so hard to plan out the shots exactly how I like them without seeing the subject in them first. Sometimes you get happy surprises and other times it's just off... like this one. Ben suggested I get a new lense. I suggested he get give me the money to get one. I'm going to try to reshoot this one the way I see fit. However, it does work nicely with my idea, but the aesthetic becomes about the shapes in this one, as opposed to the subject being viewed.

Ben said at this point in the semester is when people either speed up or slow down in their photography. I'm afraid I've come to an ever massive obstacle: non-motivation. ugh...I think this photograph displays that feeling, but it's not necessarily what it is about. It could be about a lot of things.

No comments: