Sunday, September 14, 2008

Calamity

new pictures will be here soon. in fact, the negatives are right beside me in my purse. negatives of thighs, panty lines, shower scenes, and lactating nipples. needless to say, i am excited.

I don't want to spoil too much fun, but I am in serious collaboration mode. I've met some new people in different areas of the arts that know how to do things i don't. Let's just say that sculpture will be a new-found material in my photographs. And then I'm realizing some old friends' potential in creating something outstanding together. Quite frankly, I feel that if one thinks they can achieve something brilliant in this day of art on their own, they might just suffer from a case of pretention. However, I do have a hard time explaining the big idea in the beginning stages, so a collaboration could just turn into calamity. we shall see.

In other news: I've met some people that want me to collaborate with them, ie, help someone write a book? who knew! The auction benefit for The Renaissance Society, Lovely So Real, went smashingly well for everyone involved. I was able to make some great contacts and got to see with my own eyes the celebrities of the art world in chicago...it was sorta strange.

Things are looking up for me even though I find myself completely surrounded by people too busy to look down and notice me. But every once in a while, someone sneezes, and there I am to hand them a tissue.

No comments: