Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Working Woman

I am a workin' gal. Though, I must say it is somewhat depressing when someone I know from school comes in to my less-than-glamorous jobs. It makes me feel as though I have failed them in some way; that i am not working my potential. And I'm not. But working 7 days a week 48 hours a week to bay bills hardly cares about your potential, and neither do the loan companies. Holy. mother. of. god. I spit on loans! blechk! If only I could shout out to them while I'm bagging their $15 pasta and Mrs. Meyers soap, "I'm trying! I'm trying!" and, "I tried! I tried! I'm just a proud mary and I'm not going to settle for some crap photo-related job. Instead I settled for crap jobs in a non-related field." Somehow that makes things feel better...and temporary.
It's the pinches of minutes and seconds I have in between two jobs when I can glimpse at some of my recent photos, touch them up, or for god sakes! take a goddamn picture, that keep me sane. Here are the recent pinches of my efforts:




And speaking of temporary. I'm visiting Los Angeles for Thanksgiving to visit my friends/brothers who are a part of Scratch Frame and while there I will have meetings with galleries, including DNJ Gallery which represents Jon Gitelson and Nate Baker and will have their show up while i am there, to talk shop! I plan to move to LA in the spring/summer of '09 so I'm trying to line up possible jobs or at least be pointed in the right direction. How fitting that Jon will be showing his work from "Dream Job." Coincidence? I think not!


In other news you ask? I've sent my canon 5d to the shop finally. ok fine, i haven't yet, but tomorrow i'm off to the post office and then to VOTE! So when i get my camera back you will have the viewing pleasure of seeing more from me, and in a lighter mood photographically. I'll have finally discovered what LA is all about, I will be photographing whatever comes to me, and some easier sketches. Till, then..... VOTE!

No comments: