Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Three P's

Last night I had revelations out the wazoo. Im coming off of the most challenging trip of my life and finally being able to reflect on it. This usually comes at the end of the trip, so i feel like i should be coming home soon. But now I just have another trip beginning. I feel strangely overprepared and several steps in front of my classmates from what i've learned in the past three weeks.

Philosophically:

This is the hardest to break down and explain, because its more of a feeling, i suppose.

We're all the same. Yes, there are few cultural differences, the people look a little different from Americans, and the food is better, but there is nothing drastic about European culture. I guess I already knew that, but it's strange to hear teachers warn you about cultural shock when we still are living in a Western culture with nearly everything we are used to, even McDonalds, within our access. The way people relate is the exact same.

Yeah, i can't do this right now, i'm in the middle of class on a weird break thing and not in the right mode. I will add to this later.

1 comment:

Chiara said...

geez. let me know you lived through your walking tour. fill me in on your philosophies. i can't wait to tell you all about this class i've been in. i'll write more later on that...

i survived my date... i'm still not positive he's straight. tucker is staying in his place. so are we (staying in ours). :D